- Properties of Operations
- Negative Numbers
- Area and Volume
- Intro to Geometry
- Order of Operations and Exponents
- Ratios and Proportions
- Graphing Linear Equations
- Balancing and Solving Equations
- Scientific Notation
- Much, much more...
- Syllabus provided for two 16-week semesters to help keep students on track.
- Encouraging instruction presented in easy-to-understand virtual whiteboard sessions for EVERY lesson.
- Course description, grading recommendations and progress report templates.
- Mrs. Box is just an email away to answer any questions you or your students may have along the way. [email protected]
- This class is appropriate for students in Grades 7-9.
- Students MUST have addition, subtraction, multiplication & division facts mastered.
- Students MUST have successfully completed a Level 6 Math course prior to starting pre-Algebra.
Pre-Algebra is a two semester class. The year begins with a review of previously learned concepts to ensure students are well prepared as we move forward. Over the course of the year, students will work in depth with fraction problems using all operations, advanced word problems, scientific notation, signed numbers, absolute value, order of operations, factoring algebraic expressions, slope-intercept formulas, graphing equalities and inequalities, the Pythagorean theorem, area, volume, geometric properties and much, much more.
Students who successfully complete this class will be ready for Algebra I the following year and have a strong foundation for future Geometry courses.
What you get:
- A 16-week syllabus for each semester to help you and your students stay on track
- Virtual whiteboard instruction for EVERY lesson. All 120 of them.
- Course Description
- Grading recommendations and rubric
- 1st & 2nd semester progress report templates
- 15 months of access to the class
- Access to Mrs. Box via email when you or your student need help along the way.
What you need:
- Saxon 8/7 Home Study Kit - MUST BE Third Edition *
- A quiet place for student to watch the videos.
- A spiral notebook designated for pre-Algebra notes only.
- Students need time for pre-Algebra homework 5 days per week.
- Parents need time to grade one test per week.
* The Home Study Kit includes: Student Textbook, Test and Worksheets Booklet and Solutions Manual. You will NEED them all for this class.
Students are encouraged to use a calculator in pre-Algebra. I recommend a TI-30Xa. It offers all the functions needed for pre-Algebra and Algebra I. You can find it for about $9 at Target.
I always recommend that my students keep a spiral notebook for all of their pre-Algebra notes to be kept in one place. They should take notes while watching the video lessons. These notes will be vital to their homework success.
Full Year Class Fee: $299
NOTE: Students local to Mission Viejo have the additional option of joining Mrs. Box for weekly in-person sessions where practice problems and homework questions will be covered. Fee: $150 per semester. Message Mrs. Box directly for more information.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to send an email directly to [email protected].Find out more...