- Algebraic Expressions
- Circles, Triangles & 4-Sided Figures
- Ratio and Proportion
- Multiplication & Division of Fractions
- Properties of Circles
- Area and Volume
- Advanced Word Problems
- Much, much more...
- 32-week syllabus to help keep students on track.
- Encouraging instruction presented in easy-to-understand virtual whiteboard lessons.
- Video instruction answers to your toughest problems.
- Mrs. Box is just an email away to answer any questions you or your students may have along the way. [email protected]
Due to the rigor of this class, students are required to have:
- Mastered addition, subtraction, multiplication & division facts.
- Successfully completed a Level 5 Math course that covered addition, subtraction & multiplication of fractions, decimals, percents, basic geometry concepts, and time/rate problems.
Level 6 Details
Level 6 Math is a two semester class. It is a fairly advanced class that assumes students have previously completed an equally rigorous Level 5 Math course. This class will work with advanced fraction concepts, graphs, algebraic expressions, radius, diameter, circumference and area of circles, volume, ratio and proportion problems, percentages, time/rate/distance problems, how to solve word problems and much, much more. Level 6 Math reviews all basic math topics with much more depth using advanced word problems, allowing students to think mathematically and logically to find the best operations to solve any given problem.
Students who successfully complete this class will be ready for pre-Algebra.
What you get:
- A 32-week syllabus to help keep you and your student on track.
- Virtual whiteboard lessons teaching each unit
- 12 months of class access
- Access to Mrs. Box via email when you or your student need help along the way
What you need:
- A quiet place for your students to view the video lessons
- Time to check your student’s homework assignments
Text Required for 1st Semester:
- Singapore Primary Mathematics Textbook 6A US Edition
- Singapore Primary Mathematics Workbook 6A US Edition
- Home Instructors Guide 6A US Edition
Text Required for 2nd Semester:
- Singapore Primary Mathematics Textbook 6B US Edition
- Singapore Primary Mathematics Workbook 6B US Edition
- Home Instructors Guide 6B US Edition
*If your student is new to Singapore Math, I highly recommend you complete Primary Mathematics US Edition Level 5 Extra Practice Book over the summer with them.
* If your student struggles with basic math concepts, or forgets it all over the summer, please consider registering them for the Math Basics Summer Workshop.
*The content of this class assumes that students have mastered their math facts and no review of this is provided. If your student struggles with math facts, please email me. I have a recommendation for a great program they can use over the summer that WILL help them get those facts memorized.
Class Fee: $200 per Semester
NOTE: Students local to Mission Viejo have the additional option of joining Mrs. Box for weekly in-person sessions where practice problems and homework questions will be covered. Fee: $100 per semester. Message Mrs. Box directly for more information.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email them directly to [email protected].
First Semester covers the content in Textbook and Workbook 6A, ncludng virtual whiteboard instruction for EVERY unit.Find Out More...
Second Semester covers the content in Textbook and Workbook 6B, including virtual whiteboard instruction for EVERY unit.Find Out More...